Five European institutions locate in five different countries contribute to the project FOOdIVERSE (official webpage HERE):
- Germany: [PI] Prof. Stefan Wahlen, University of Giessen, Consumer Studies
- Italy: Prof. Francesca Forno, University of Trento, Dept. of Sociology and Social Resarch
- UK: Prof. Ulrich Schmutz, Coventry University, Centre for Agroecology, Water and Resilience
- Norway: Dr. Gunnar Vittersø, OsloMet – Oslo Metropolitan University, Consumption Research Norway, SIFO
- Poland: Dr. Ewa Kopczynska, Jagiellonian University in Krakow, Institute of Sociology
The project is funded by the SUSFOOD2 and CORE Organic Cofunds (ERA-net).
- Start: 1/1/21
- End: 31/12/23
- The Italian part of the research is supported with funding provided by Mipaaf [PQAI I] and co-funding by the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme
Project local owner
Project local coordinator
- Prof. Francesca Forno
Food consumption significantly influences resource use and the environmental effects of food production and distribution. Currently a rather homogenous group of well-educated and affluent consumers is strongly interested in organic food. The mainstream food supply chains and their governance are characterised by a food regime that creates large quantities of standardised food. A more diverse food system could deliver more choices and could be more sustainable. What is lacking is a systematic and practice-oriented characterisation of diversity in the food system and its impact on resilience, enhancing socio-economic and environmental pillars of sustainability.
The FOOdIVERSE project aims to produce practice-oriented knowledge on how diversity in diets, novel food supply chains
and food governance contributes to more organic and sustainable food systems. The project provides multi-level perspectives on transforming local food systems across Europe by promoting diversity of consumers, producers and key stakeholders.
Italian research group
- Francesca Forno
- Margherita Brunori
- Alice Dal Gobbo
- Michela Giovannini
- Natalia Magnani
- Katia Pilati